Corey Steel is currently seeking a Manufacturing Process Engineer to join our team in Cicero, Illinois.
Corey Steel is committed to growing the capabilities of our people. We believe everyone can grow and thrive which is why if you are a recent graduate or seasoned professional Corey Steel offers rewarding career opportunities to progress into other areas of the business such as Outside Sales, Quality, Operations, etc…
We maintain an absolute commitment to the safety of our employees and customers. This is demonstrated by a pledge to the well-being of the community and the environment.
- Analyze current production procedures, standards, and workflow to identify inefficiencies to increase productivity and decrease costs, including spending time on the production floor analyzing both employee and machinery workflow.
- Research new technology and suggest new machinery and/or modifications to existing machinery.
- Create strategic plans to eliminate identified problems or inefficiencies based on current best practices in the industry.
- Monitor new or modified production procedures, standards, or workflows, and report success and failure.
- Participate in and manage lean manufacturing efforts.
- Maintain and update all production documentation, including documentation for machinery.
- Prepare and present information to management and other stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related discipline required.
- Experience working with industrial machinery.
- Project management experience.
- Training and experience with lean manufacturing efforts, such as Six Sigma, 5S,
value stream mapping, continuous improvement, etc.
- Experience with continuous improvement methods and processes.
- Demonstrated strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven effective problem solving and strategic planning skills.
- The desire and ability to develop into a future manufacturing leader.
- Competitive pay
- Annual Bonus Program
- Affordable Medical Benefits
- Company paid Dental and Vision Benefits
- Retirement Savings Plan
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Holidays
- Life Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
About the company:
Corey Steel Company (a division of Specialty Steel Works), is a leading manufacturer of cold finished steel bars and has been meeting the increasingly complex needs of its customers for almost 100 years. Our state-of-the-art manufacturing facilities enable us to meet the increasingly complex needs of today’s users of cold finished steel bars. The Company’s core values of safety, integrity, teamwork, customer focus, and drive for results guide our employees’ commitment to producing and delivering high quality products with unparalleled customer service.